Saturday, April 16, 2011

Farmer's Market

Today was the 2nd week of Farmer's Market and our first week making the trip this season. I was so bummed because the weather was awful. We sucked it up put on some coats and got some awesome stuff.
The Amish ladies and their to due for baking supplied us with a loaf on honey oatmeal bread. I would eat anything those ladies bake. Since we're trying to eat better we didn't pick up the chocolate chip cookies or random fruit pie we normally get from them. It was so difficult not to just grab a pack of cookies and devour them on the car ride home.
Another new thing we tried was a pack garlic herb cheese curds or manna from heaven at our local creamery's stand. I won't lie, I taste tested quite a bit of cheese today. Every bite was amazing. I can't wait to get some of their fresh mozzarella for pizza.
 We also bought some wheat sprouts but there really isn't much to say about that.
It's still early in the season so there weren't as many fresh fruit and veggie stands as usual but it only get's me more excited for the upcoming months.

No comments:

Post a Comment